For the kick-off meeting we conducted a game to introduce partners, create personal bonds and explore each others expertise. It prooved to work well and was appreciated by the team. We played to have pairs of people interviewing and later presenting each other based on a structured provided questionnaire.
- Situation & Challenge
- Solution & Learning
- Video Explanation
- Our expert(s) on the topic
- Project: BalticMuseums: loveIT!
- Touristic attractions, museums, IT specialists and universities in the South Baltic Region
- Co-financed by the South Baltic Programme
Situation & Challenge
- Build the new team of former partners and new team members
- Build trust
- Build common ground
- Get to know partners
- Understand personal expectations
- Know about team’s expertise – build a knowledge cloud
Solution & Learning
- Moderator: Print and cut the number lots from page 2 before the meeting. Print the questionnaire.
- Draw a lot and find your partner with the same number. If it is someone you know very well (e.g. same institution), please change! – ANNOUNCE: 10 min., make sure everyone has a “new” interview partner
- You are a journalist and try to figure out as much as you can about your interview partner. Please proceed along the questions provided on your sheet. Remind the facilitator to take a picture of your pair! Keep the sheet about your interviewee – you will need it! – ANNOUNCE: 20 min. – remind after 10 min.
- After 20 min. We will gather again all together. We will go round – you present your interviewee in a statement of a few minutes. – ANNOUNCE: 2 min. max. per person- limit to knowledge tags, languages, learning interest and ‘personal secret’ // Moderator: Visualise 1 selected topic on a Flipchart during the presentations
- Pin all interview notes onto the wall.
Download description with questionnaire: BalticMuseums_Kickoff_game
The following visualisation was produced during the pairs presentations and their understanding of “hackathon” – a feature of our project.
- Next day: prepare a Wordle (e.g. wordle.net) from all knowledge and language tags as the TEAM BRAIN
- Next day: prepare an overview of all pictures of the interview partners.
- Save the interview notes till the end of the project, to check if personal learning outcomes were reached.
- Advise to Moderator: Facilitate in case of language issues.
Our expert(s) for this topic